Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Forest Green? No Thanks.

Hello, hello! And welcome to the first refashion of my blog! Yay! Although technically you could argue that this isn't exactly a refashion, it's a refash to me, so deal with it. Just kidding, but I thought this was a good project to start out with since it was really easy to do.

Today I started out with these lovely *cough* wedges. At first glance, I thought they were a gorgeous shade of gray. But upon closer inspection....


Oh dear Lord, they're forest green! (Excuse the half of my laptop, and the polka dotted sheets)

Now normally I love dark green but that unique of a color can only match so many things. I decided to think of which would be easier: creating an entire new wardrobe that matched these shoes, or change the color of the shoes?

Obviously I decided to change the color.

So I started with my handy dandy, absolutely adorable, tiny bottle of bleach...


...And outside I went. I laid down an old towel, and sprayed those shoes like crazy! After an hour of soaking in the tons of bleach I sprayed on them, those ugly forest green shoes turned a gorgeous shade of off-white.


As you can see, there were a few rough spots, but no worries, I cleared those all up on the second bleach.

And now....

They're perfect!

I love these shoes now, especially since they match virtually everything I could even think about wearing. 




So what do you think of my first "refashion"? What would you have done differently? Let me know in the comments!


2 comments:

  1. UMMMMMMMMMM Pretty sure those were mine and I bought them to go with 2 outfits I had. Got tired of the same outfits and now I want them back!! LOL!!!! LOVE em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm, pretty sure you gave them to me. No take backs!

      Delete