Saturday, November 22, 2014

Fr-fr-fr-freezing!

Hello, hello!

I'm back! I know I've been a way for a little while (two months is only a little while, right?) but I have been insanely busy. 

One new thing that I would like to share with you is my gorgeous baby, Chanel.


Isn't she beautiful? I just love her so much. No more sewing by hand, and no more bandaids for my boo-boos. I am one happy refashionista!

Speaking of refashioning, remember those terrible, horrible clothing pieces that I had you vote on? The winner (unsurprisingly) was the ugly green shirt.

I tried so hard to create a really cute top. But here is how it ended up.


Yep, despite my best efforts, I ruined a refashion. There is absolutely no fixing it, and the more I think about it, the more upset I get. I thought for sure it would work... Ugh.

I also need to start working on Christmas presents. I know, I know, I'm still procrastinating. Don't rub it in. :P

But I decided, if I'm going to make everyone's gifts this year, I'd like to make it fun for you all to see. So I am doing a Christmas challenge. I am so excited to share it with you all, but that will have to wait for the next blog post..... (suspense setting in yet?).....

Anyway, I'm still working at my sewing job, and since the holidays are coming, we have been ridiculously busy. I've been working anywhere from eight to eleven hours a day, and have been really tired when I come home. I have so many ideas for refashions, but I hardly have the time anymore.

But I decided, when you love what you do, it's not finding the time that matters, it's MAKING the time. 

So today, since I had the day off, I decided that I was going to make the time to share a refashion that I think is really cool, and really important (at least to me).

If you live anywhere near Ohio, you understand the crazy weather we have been having. We have been getting snow, freezing temperatures, and rain. It's been difficult to keep up with Mother Nature lately, but one thing hasn't changed- it's really, really cold outside.

If you're like me, you can't stand when your feet or toes get cold. I can enjoy time outside until my piggies are froze, then I'm ready for some hot chocolate and a blanket. 

Today I have decided to share with you a little refashion that will keep ya nice and warm in this weird weather.

I started with this odd, burnt orange colored shirt.


It's not a bad shirt, but I really have no use for it. The color is a little odd, and after closer inspection, I realized....


It has shoulder pads. A tee shirt... with shoulder pads. Uhm, what?!

Anywho, I decided I could turn this weird thing into something a little more practical. 

First, I made a big chop.


Bye bye, shoulder pads. Catch you later!

I then slipped my foot inside the fabric, and began pinning the fabric around the shape of my legs.


After I had pinned from knee to ankle, I cut off the extra fabric.



After I had chopped the extra away, I followed the steps again, but on the other leg.

I then threw the fabric under my darling Chanel, and got to sewing.


Now, most of you are probably wondering what in the world it is I made. 

Allow me to show you.

One of the worst things about winter is fighting with your pants while trying to tuck them into your boots. I spend at least five minutes every morning trying to tuck in my pants. They end up poofy at the bottom, or feel uncomfortable.

Not anymore.

First, put on your pants. It's too cold to go naked.


Ahh, already feeling warmer. Next, slide your new boot cuffs over you pants...


...like so. Lastly, put your boots on.


See? Wasn't that wayyy easier?

You can fold your boot cuffs to be any size you'd like. I made my long so I could either wear them over my pants for a pop of color, or under my pants to keep my little legs warm. 


Even though the cuffs are a darker color, I thought it'd look cute to mix it with a cream colored top.


Can you see them?



So what do you think? Are you happy I'm back? Are you ready to hear about my Christmas challenge? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment